Thursday, January 24, 2013

Getting Bored...

Hey you...thanks for reading...I mean all I'm doing is writing down my thoughts on this here blog thingy and you are reading it. Just want to say THANKS!!

So, how's your journey going? If you started your journey on January 1st with the "new year, new me" group, statistics show that you should have given up the commitment like 6 days ago. HOWEVER, if you have stuck with it, you are well on your way to establishing a habit! It only takes 21 days right?

It's so possible to get bored with this thing...I mean that is one of the main reasons I hired a trainer. I don't want to go in the gym and act like I know what the HECK I'm doing. LOL... Ok, so seriously, I get bored with stuff really quick. If you don't catch my attention in like the first 5 mins, my mind is elsewhere. It's honestly something I have to mentally focus on in most situations.

So with working out and eating right, the possibility of getting bored is bound to happen. How do you combat that?

Mix up your workout - With my trainer, even though we tend to do the same exercises, we have no idea what he's choosing for each workout and that keeps it from getting boring. No trainer? do some research...look up new exercises that you can do to keep yourself engaged.
        
Be on the lookout for yummy tasting, healthier options. I'm a TRADER JOE'S FANATIC!!! They are a low-cost health food store up here in NC and they have so much YUMMY food! Be sure to look at labels even in the health food store.              
Don't be afraid to try something new...you never know what you may stumble upon. I had tried Greek yogurt a while ago and HATED it. But I decided to try Trader Joe's Greek yogurt and I LOVE IT...and it's low-calorie, low sodium, AND a GREAT source of protein...YAAY!                                    
Have you tried anything new this week? Leave a comment below.....

Thanks for reading!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment