Monday, May 13, 2013

Me, Myself, and I

My subject sounds kind of selfish right? Well, it is. I wanted to take a minute and remind you that you are doing this FOR YOU! So much of our lives is spent doing for everyone else. And sometimes if we start to focus on ourselves, it's looked down upon or we're labeled as selfish.

Well....this health and wellness journey is a little selfish. It means focusing on you. Learning your idiosyncrasies, your likes and dislikes, your exercise limits, and your diet restrictions. No two people's journey is exactly the same. This is the reason why I always tell people that there is no "secret" to this process. For me, tracking calories and doing FIT camp has worked for me. I am fully aware that it may not work for you.

I say all of this to say, FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU! Yes, there are some foundational things that need to be in place to get you off the ground and running (like healthy eating habits and exercise), but finding that combo for you is important.

Don't be afraid to be a little selfish...do what it takes to get to where you are trying to go.

For those who decided to participate in the fitness challenge...just a few more days and it will be over! I hope you've seen a significant change over the past 8 weeks. Email me and let know your final measurements. Keep up the momentum you've gained and keep going!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your dad! You need to update your profile pic & show off how GREAT you look!! This fitness challenge was surely a challenge. I learned a lot about myself and my body. I have even learned my triggers and cues from my body when it wants to have its own way. I hope you decide to do another challenge. Sometimes it helps to have a little push. Your post today really gave me motivation. I know there are times I DO NOT want to go workout or I'm so sore I say I'm done no more. I'm glad you reminded us why some of us are doing it in the first place. It is about me and the choices that I make toward a healthier lifestyle. Keep going! BTW I will email you my final numbers on Friday!

    ReplyDelete