Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Out with the old...in with the New!

Hey ya'll...

Just wanted to quickly talk a little about letting go of the old and embracing the new. As you begin your weight loss journey, you will OBVIOUSLY start to need new clothes. Now for someone like me who doesn't like shopping all that much but LOVES new clothes (lol...go figure), this won't be a hard thing for you. But I used to hold on to old clothes FOREVER!!! One day I wore some pants to work and someone came up to me and said, "Ummmm...those don't fit you anymore...you should probably get rid of them!" LOL.

You know how we are..."these are my fat clothes and I'll hold on to them JUST IN CASE." In my opinion, HUGE mistake. You are setting up yourself for failure (again, my opinion). Why have a contingency plan for giving up your journey? Don't do it to yourself. When clothes start to get too big, weed them out of your closet. If you don't want to throw them away right away, bag them up and put them in the garage or the attic.

I've talked before about getting your mind right...this may seem like a small thing, but it's another way to get your mind on board for the long term. Every time I looked at those bags (that sat in my room for a few months lol), I reminded myself that I will NEVER go back there.

Try it...let me know if it works for you...

Thanks for reading :)

2 comments:

  1. Great post(as usual). I have that problem of holding on to old clothes too. Most of them are small...my size 6 and 8's...like I'm really gonna get back into them. lol. Those were clothes from my pre marriage, pre kids, younger self. Girl, it's been 10 years...I need to get rid of them. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hope. Yes! I didn't think about getting rid of the smaller things, but yes, clear them out...make room for MORE! LOL

      Delete